$500 sub for Quad 11L2s

Hello AudiogoN,

I'm looking to find a small powered sub to supplement my Quad 11L2 bookshelf speakers in a small-medium room. My FIRM price ceiling with shipping is $500. I'm looking for this sub for music only (no home theater). I listen to a wide variety of music and would like to maintain a relatively balanced and musical sound, but have a little extra punch for kick-drums an rock, hip-hop, funk and electronic base. I plan on running it out of the speaker terminals of my Cary Audio CAI-1 (integrated amp), so I need it to have speaker level inputs in the sub. My 11L2s have the cherry finish, so something that matches would be a plus, but black will work as well. I realize my list of needs/wants makes this a difficult order to fill, but I would love any suggestions you all have. THANKS!
nppellitteri

Showing 1 response by ja2austintx

I had a Hsu VTF-2 MK3 and currently have a Martin Logan Abyss, and both were (are) great. I'm currently running a pair of Emotiva X-REF 10 and I think they're every bit the equal of the Martin Logan, and probably the Hsu. Plus, you get a 30-day return policy. Sale price tends to be $400 each, including shipping, if you're patient.

Just another option for anyone looking for a musical subwoofer.
More to discover