$500-600 Used Tuner

Like to get the current feelings of some of you here who know their tuners. I have a late-70's tuner that actually functions fairly well, but I find myself listening to FM jazz stations more and more and would like to take a step up without breaking the proverbial bank. Suggestions on the best value for a tuner around $500-600 USED.
4yanx

Showing 2 responses by basement

I just noticed that you failed to mention which late 70's tuner you have.
I thought all the responces here are good, and great ideas. I got a lot of ideas from the tuner info site. There are a LOT of tuners to choose or try to find or mess around with.
I have a sunsui tu-717 sitting on top of a accuphase t-101 right now. I much prefer the sound of the accuphase to the sunsui, but I can see where some might prefer a fully alighned and modified sansui to it. (just as some here have stated their preference over the magmun dynalabs).
The mac's are HIGHLY regarded, but then that throws in more complications/debate, as many fans of others state their preference over mac's.
And as many of these great tuners sound different, and have different strenghts, what is really cool is that , as stated above, is that there are some lines that have lesser tuners in the 50-150$ price range that sound almost as good, depending on what you want or need.
I guess what I am trying to say is that perhaps if you stated what you have and what perhaps you are trying to achieve that might make this thread really come together.
Der, thanks Brianmgrarcom. I guess sometimes I don't bring in all my stations clearly.