2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim

Showing 2 responses by mitch2

What covers the oil impregnated cotton to make it safe to use as a conductor?
Jim, I would not use the Duelund wire to make power cords but the cotton covering should be fine when using the wire as ICs or SCs.

The Western Electric wire was designed as a speaker wire but has been used by several cable manufacturers to make power cords. From the WE website;
KS-13385 is our premium Hi-Fi audio wire. It features a soft drawn copper with a tinned coating and a cotton braided jacket. 

KS-13385 Wire features a laquered cotton brain jacket with PVC insulation. Sizes range from 24 AWG to 2AWG.

The construction of the wire and cable is in accordance with Underwriters' Laboratories Appliance Wiring Material (AWM) Style 1491.

KS-13385 WIRE

This hookup wire is designed for use at operating voltages of 600 volts rms or less and temperatures not exceeding 185F.

Conductors

Stranded or solid, tin-coated copper conforming to ASTM B-33 and B-174 or B-173.

Conductors

85°C rated Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) conforming to Underwriters' Laboratories AWM Style 1491 and CSA C22.2 No.210.2 requirements.

Optional Cabling/Shielding

2, 3 or 4 conductors may be twisted together when requested. A braided shield may be applied over 1, 2, 3 or 4 conductors with an overall lacquered cotton braid.

Covering

On all sizes, a lacquered cotton braid conforming to UL requirements is applied over the insulation. The colors shall be specified on order.

Type

UL Listed AWM Style 1491 90°C, 600 Volts VW-1, CSA listed AWM 1 A/B 90°C, 300 Volts FT-1. RoHS Compliant and Lead-Free.

Knownothing, I suspect the two Duelund runs would sound just fine.  I bi-wire with two runs of WE10ga wire and it sounds great to me.