2006 BEST Female Vocal CD/SACD/XRCD

I love music, especially female vocal. Maybe you guys listen to lots of CD last year, if you only pick 1 female vocal CD last year? What will that be? Actually, the CD does not have to be released in 2006, but please pick the one you heard and found in 2006.

Here is my choice:

http://www.nativelanguage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NLM&Product_Code=NLM-0949-2
audiorichard

Showing 5 responses by tboooe

I also prefer female vocals...my pick would be Eva Cassidy. I only got to know her music this year but since I was first introduced I have purchased all of her cds. There are so many more but she is the first one I thought of.
How about Hem? The singer is Jennifer Ellison. They play what is often described as chamber music. They are an incredible band that has yet to be discovered.
Bander, GREAT reference to Vienna Teng...I also like Corrinne May.

Eleanor Mcevoy is also fantastic!
eujin, you went to school with Corrinne? Did both of you go to school in the US?

I saw Corrinne at the Borders in Costa Mesa CALIF last year. She has a very good voice and seems like a very nice person.

You check out her music.
Lizz Wright is fantastic! The album "Dreaming Wide Awake" sounds very good. The engineering is great!! Highly recommended!