2006 BEST Female Vocal CD/SACD/XRCD

I love music, especially female vocal. Maybe you guys listen to lots of CD last year, if you only pick 1 female vocal CD last year? What will that be? Actually, the CD does not have to be released in 2006, but please pick the one you heard and found in 2006.

Here is my choice:

http://www.nativelanguage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NLM&Product_Code=NLM-0949-2
audiorichard

Showing 2 responses by ozfly

Keeping it to 2006 narrows things down a bit, but a very nice standards singer is Robin McKelle, who debuted this year with her self-titled cd. Just a couple of years older, coming out in 2004, the "all of our names" cd from Sarah Harmer gets a lot of play on my system -- the sound quality is also quite good. Audphile1, I've heard Peyroux and she is very good but I've not yet purchased any of her cd's -- need to leave something for the gift list ;-)
Bander, you're right about Vienna Teng. I saw her live in Charlotte (she opened for Mindy Smith) and she was both a fine singer and pianist. The great thing about that experience was she played in an acoustically restored movie theater so the audience was small and the sound terrific.