2 Questions?

It has been pointed out to me by some posters here, that generally higher-end speakers are not so forgiving with poorly recorded music much of what seems to be 70 - 80's era rock.

Room treatments aside (and without cutting holes in my walls to vent my speakers outside as some have suggested).
I am looking for some advice from others about what speakers have worked well with this situation?

Currently running  Roon Nucleus through a W4S 2v2SE Dac tethered to CODA CSiB V1 configuration  
(150 w @ 8 ohm) integrated amp.  $3,000 ceiling, give or take.

Second question: Is there a decent quality speaker switch that I could hook up to my amp to simply toggle between two sets of speakers? My amp has 2 speaker outputs on the back but no A/B switch to change from one set of speakers to the other.

I see there inexpensive switches offered that have limited power ratings (eg: 100 watts per channel). Are these sufficient for doing the job? Will these switches have a negative effect on sound quality? Thanks.
Hey High-Amp,

You don't need to get that fancy. You can use Roon as basic tone controls too. :)

Right click on the output device (lower right on Roon), select DSP, and then click on Parametric EQ.  The first and last dots are the shelving EQ, those act pretty much like tone controls.  Set the lower one around 100 Hz, the upper around 5 kHz, then adjust up and down to taste.


From a usability perspective though, you might like the Schiit Loki. I mean, you can do it all with Roon for $0, but if you want hands on tone controls and don't have them, this will work:


Full disclosure: That's an associate link I will make a dollar or two if you use that link. Personally I'd use Roon but Loki has plenty of fans here. :)
I will check this all out, Thanks Eric

Here’s a relevant discussion about question #1.

Excellent steakster, (hmm, makes me think about BBQing tonight!:-)
I will read this post as soon as I get a chance.