2 channel/home theatre for 10,000 ?

My wife and I are in the planning stages of building an addition to our home which includes a great room - 18' x 27'. I am finally looking toward my life long goal of getting the system I have always dreamed of having. I have a huge collection of CD/CDR live 'imports' shall we say, japanese mini-LP sleeve, remastered CDs, DVD Audio discs and a regular CD collection of every type of music. I have been listening to them on a VERY average stereo 5.1 setup (Yamaha RX-V1200 AV receiver, Sony DVP-C600D DVD player, AIWA XC-RW700 stand alone CD/CDR burner, Solid Solutions satelite speaker system: S100s, C100, PB100, Sony 36" monitor - Yes - I know, don't lambaste me for my current system :(..... ). I am interested in the following if it is at all humanly possible to acheive with a $10,000 budget ? A SMALL WIDE screen HD monitor - not projector - A DVD player with progressive scan and DVD Audio capability, CD player with SACD capability (if possible in this price range), A 5 or 6 speaker configuration (I would be happy with 5)with more expensive center and fronts and less expensive rears, as they are not quite as important. I am interested in subsonic bass response (if that is the proper term ? Bass I can feel more than necessarily hear)so I don't know if that means I must have a sub or if the higher end full range mains will do the trick ? As far as the amp - I am open to all suggestions - amp/preamp? If there is still room to play with (probably not) I would like a S-Vid capable VCR to round out the system. I am willing to go beyond the $10,000 for the purchase of cables/interconnects (within reason - I know this can get quite costly - figure between $500 - $1,000). I am slightly more concerned for 2 channel listening than home theatre but I would certainly love to have the best of both worlds if possible. I do not mind buying everything used from Audiogon. I am a professional musician / music teacher so I have good ears, but on the vast technical knowledge of systems I am a little 'green'. I have some knowledge, not nearly as much as audiofiles, but am willing and interested to learn - just be gentle guys. I have 10 months to research so there is no hurry. I know this is one of the absolute best places to come to talk to a group of people who really know what they are talking about. I know some of you LOVE to have fun building systems so go nuts !! I would love a bunch of opinions of full systems in this price range so I can save/print them and research the various components once they are suggested - maybe find a good place here on Long Island to hear such systems. I am preying this is do-able in this price range - I hope I am not heart broken - Come on guys - hook me up with good news - Your help is greatly appreciated - Thanks a million - The Lipper
llippman

Showing 1 response by llippman

I am so thankful and impressed with the responses thus far. I really am grateful to Tok20000,Twl and Chaskelljr2001 for the time and effort they took to respond to my post. Please keep it coming !! I will save the responses and review the pieces online and hopefully, in a high end audio store here on Long Island - You guys are the best !!