$1500 Mini System?

Need suggestions for a sub $1500 mini system. Needs to include CD, amp, and speakers. This is for a non-audiophile listener who is looking for above average sound in a simple to use system. I am leaning towards suggesting the Linn Classik (Used $900) and a sweet pair of monitors in the $500 range (used). Other thoughts are a Creek integrated, Rega Planet, and monitor combo. Please help me give this listener the most bang for his buck and save another person from lo-fi sound.
osclib

Showing 1 response by srama

These are my picks: NAD c340 integrated amp: $320.00 from Sound City or Happy Medium Cambridge Audio D500 24/96 cd player: approx $425 Audio Research Aegis One speakers: $300 (don't be misled by the price: read the reviews, LISTEN to them - they are nothing short of phenomenal) Decent Stands: approx $100 DH Labs Silver Sonic Interconnect: $80 DH Labs Silver Sonic Speaker Cables: appprox $100. So, there you go : an honest, clean-sounding and punchy system for $1325, with money left over for what is really important - the music. Good Luck!