12 Year DCS Scarlatti DAC Plus Clock vs Denafrips Terminator Plus

I have an chance to get a 12 year old Scarlatti DAC and Clock from a second owner with a price of a Terminator Plus. I am wondering which one is the best way to move forward since at 12 year on the DCS I am not sure how many years more I can use the DAC. Another thing is the clock need Calibration which will be costly from Asia. I have seen a good review of the terminator and upgrade is easy since i can add a clock in my system. There is no way to audition the Terminator unlike the DCS. I love the DCS but I am afraid it might me a move backward rather than forward since of the 10yr tech gap. 

csnebres0925

Showing 1 response by csnebres0925

@alexatpos 

thanks for your thoughts, this is one of the challenges of this hubby as in our daily life. Weighing pros and cons is never that easy. Going back, I think I will go to the direction of Terminator with heavy heart. I love how DCS lift the SQ of of my system.  You were right, service network should be  on my list. Terminator is sold in Singapore where is near, while  DCS is not represented in my country. Considering it is not anymore supported and near its EOL.