LP storage? What do you use?

I am looking at how I store my lps. I currently store then in several ways.

(1). Shelfs bult into closet, on edge, with book ends to keep straight.

(2).6 milk crates with lps on edge.

Any input? What are others doing out there?

Regards,

Roy
royster
Botlz US LP shelving, built like a Boeing 747, strong, solid and dependable. Made in the US of A. I repeat, made in the USA.
If you'll click on my systems link, you'll see my storage solution. It sounds similar to what Jea48 describes. My dad and I put it together over a weekend. Neither of us are cabinet makers, but with some forethought and a table saw, we didn't find it that difficult, though make sure your draw pulls are capable of holding the weight of a 150 or so lps. Feel free to email with any questions.
Steve - No wonder boltz is so expensive. We're paying US labor rates! just jidding.
Fully agree with Agaffer. Some time ago, I asked at a local record store about front-facing shelves. The guy told me that they had miles of them in a warehouse from when the store was all-vinyl and said that if I stopped by they'd sell me as many as I wanted, cheap. Needless to say one must have more room to store LP's this way, but if you do have room, it is the only way to go, IMHO.

Building upon an idea from a poster on AA, whose screen name I can no longer remember, I then bought some used kitchen cabinets from a guy that was remodelling his kitchen (got very lucky that they were in good shape and matched my music room decor). I selected the upper cabinets, the ones that are not so tall as those used below the counter. I used these as a base to mount the record shelves upon (with a bit of modifications to accommodate different lengths and depth and some veneering of the record bin faces to match the cabinets). Now, I have a super record storage unit on top with plenty-o-storage below - and it looks great, to boot! Most highly recommended.