audio stores in Albany, NY

any decent audio outlets in Albany, NY?
lwatson
I'm not familiar with Albany but I do know that there is a Vandersteen dealer(Audio Video Design Group) in Pittsfield Mass which is about 50 miles away. From what I could find out, they are the only dealer in the Northeast that actually have a pair of Vandersteen Fives in the store.
Lwatson- How's it going neighbor! There are a couple of shops up here but nothing truly high-end. Depends what you are looking for- I am surprised we haven't run into each other on these forums before, as I am sure you are aware there aren't many audiophiles around these part. But if you must look in this area there is Clark Music in latham, Audio Oasis(also in latham) and Mom's stereo in schenectady(more mid-fi then the other two). My choice of these three would be audio oasis since they are the only guys that give me even the remote impression they know what they are talking about-and even that I am doubtful of. Clark has some OK gear(though NOT in stock) but the guys who work there know as much about audio as I do about brain surgery. There are a couple local guys who are pretty serious(I am one, check my system out on virtual systems), and even more who are more on the mid-fi plane though equally as enthusistic about the hobby. If you want shoot me an email and we can go over some audio oddities from upstate NY- Cheers! ~Tim
LWatson,

Ditto the "neighbor welcome"! You too Tireguy, I'm from E. Greenbush. I was going to mention Clarke and Mom's (with same comments), didn't know about Oasis. Slim pickings in Albany. In Pittsfield, There is a Vandersteen, Arcam, BAT and Paradigm dealer, I think they are called TRL Audio or something like that. Kind of a messy place. The best I have gone to is Spearit Sound in Northhampton, about an hour's drive. Lots of product, and great guys to deal with. Finally, on this site there is a dealer who advertises, LLC Audio????, who lists Latham Village as their address. I believe that is a residential address so it must be some sort of outta-their-house set up.

I also drove down to Audio Outlet in Mt. Kisco. Nice stuff, expensive, but they had an attitude. I got the feeling they didn't want to deal with us little guys who wanted to only spend $1-$2k on an amp.

Hope to see you guys out. Ever run in to Barnes and Noble to pick up What?HiFi or TAS?
Regards,

Matty

PS - Oh, Tireguy, by the way, what exactly do you do??????:>)

The outfit that sells on this site fom the Albany area is
eAudionet, not LLC like I said.