The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
It's amazing how many different speakers are the best heard. This, I think, shows how variable sound systems (and their owners) are.

What I look for in a speaker is its ability to disappear leaving only music. For me, Equation Gaya's have done this best, but they need the right system behind them to do it.

When I first heard them, I could not believe that air could be so filled with music. If someone had put a blindfold on me, I would not have been able to locate the speakers. It really was like the musicians were in the room playing. It's been over a year since I heard them and I still cannot forget the sound.
Nucore Electromagnetics Cathedral Sound, LR42, LR45 and LR48 transmission line speakers. These high efficiency loudspeakers are the best sounding loudspeakers I have ever heard and speaker placement is very practical. Cathedral Sound leads you to believe live music is being played by real musicians. Hifi stereo systems are all about recreating the live music experience and creating the most accurate reproduction of the recording possible. I also love the fact that these speakers work very well with both solid state and tube amps. I recognized the value and quality and purchased the LR42 speakers and use them in my home theater system.
Cathedral Sound
I'v heard, that there is a pair of old raido shack speaks, that are amazing but haven't heard them personaly. any comments?
IMHO, the Nova Utopia Be are the best around. Expensive at 37000 USD ! But incredibly refined... Capable of very deep bass and very accurate medium. Exquisite treeble. My prefered speaker to date... Don't you agree ?