Warm CD player for older CDs with digital glare?

If this was my main criteria for a CD player, possibly because I have a 2nd more highly resolved player for better recordings, what would you recommend?
When an upper midrange (or sometimes mid-midrange) note is strong on some redbook discs, it can go "over the top" and sound like glare, and I don't like that at all.

I have read that the Meridian 808.3 (or .2) is a warm player and that its aprodising filter (sp?) helps with "pre-ringing"
(is that what I'm hearing on vocals that soar into painful territory on redbook discs since the dawn of digital?)
So is the Meridian a candidate?

Someone mentioned Alex's big NWO player to me, or
the Ayon 5.

Thanks in advance.
rgs92
I would highly recommend the NAD C565BEE.
It sounds like there's a tube upgrade already in it.
And it still has great detail.
If you have a digital output on your player, consider the Neko Audio D100 DAC. Very relaxed sounding. It won't make "hard" sounding early digital CDs sound beautiful, but it can make them more listenable.
I too was facing the same question. In my system (live room and solid state amps) I auditioned the Meridian 808.3 intrigued by the apodsing filter as well.

Meridian was well made and sounded fabulously realistic on fabulous CD's, but on steely or congested recordings such as Springsteen and Dylan harmonica and Mahvishnu Orchestra it sounded just slightly less harsh than what I was used to.

Next I auditioned the Ayon CD5's extensively in the same room same equipment. It was even better made and also sounded fabulous on fabulous recordings but on the steely congested stuff it was markedly better at making the recording listenable. To me the Ayon was also wetter, more natural, more holographic and weightier without bloat in the lows. At about half the price the Ayon was a clear winner. making more recordings sound like music.

Both sounded great without a preamp.
Hope this helps