Tidal vs. Spotify

Tidal sounds better for sure. Search functions aren't as good as Spotify but if you are currently using Spotify, give Tidal a try and let me know what you think!
128x128b_limo
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
This is a fascinating thread.  Basically, it seems to boil down to a debate between convenience/usability (Spotify) and sound quality (Tidal).  Given that this is an audiophile forum, I expected very few would prefer Spotify. But while it appears Tidal does have the majority here, there are a surprising number of Spotify users.  I wonder what the manufacturers of streamers and DACs will make of this thread?  
Personally, I ended up subscribing to both Tidal and Qobuz so I can generally find almost anything I am looking for.  When I first got my current system (Aurender N10, Levinson 585, Focal Kanta No 2s, REL S/5s, Transparent cables) I compared a very good recording for which I had both a compressed file and a 192/24 file.  The compressed file actually didn't sound bad, until I played the hires file.  You didn't need 'golden ears' to tell the difference. NOT subtle.  The convenience issue isn't a problem for me - but my previous system only had a manual turntable, so maybe my perspective is a little different!