Dc for power supply

Anyone use 12v or 24v car battery as dc power supply for home audio.   Or even for filament on tubes.   I like to know if any members try different types of battery. Lithium, Lead Acid, NiMH, Agm, Gel etc... Can you tell me if it makes a huge differences on each type of battery. I like to use it to run my dc filament on a cd player. Please advise??
128x128zipost
Noromance: try using a higher ah.  Your ah is too low, you need at least 12v 68-150ah ( car battery). No need to worry about ah if you have a regulator that can do dc-dc drop.   
@zipost Good point. Long time ago though. I did only use it for B+. Left heaters on AC psu. If I ever do DC, I'll use a car battery!

Another point i also notice.   Not all 12dc car battey are the same, i strongly recommend Odyssey battery at least 80-175ah.   Even the new technology Lithium or even the lithium polymer, the sounds has no dynamics.  In audio, i strongly prefer just lead acid or Agm ( glass mat).  
Zipost - You started this thread in 2017. Have you learned anything more about different battery types and audio quality?