Magico S5 vs KEF Blade 2 vs TAD Evo One vs YG Kipod II Sig w/pwr bass

Opinions please. All are Used and are the same very good price but The Y&G are $4000 less which is nice.

KEF Blade 2

TAD Evolution One

Y&G Kipod II Signature w/Pwr Bass module

Magico S5

Would love your thoughts any thoughts on any please! Being all used and in good shape these are all within $500 of each other used price but Y&G and those had highest list but know to be good used deals because they are pretty serious speakers.

I think as far as used speakers in the great value - now less than 1/2 price but still new enough to provide great performance these are some different but pretty serious speakers. Please any and all feedback totally welcomed and is super helpful 

Source: Bricasti M1SE DAC 

Preamp: Parasound JC2 Pre

Amp: Pass Labs X350.5 Amp

IC: Darwin TRUTH Balanced

SC: HiDiamond D8 w/Furutech

PC: HiDiammond P3 (7)

AC: HiDiamond HDX2 

Transport: microRendu 1.4 and full suite of UpTone Audio Premium Power Supplies (2)x LPS-1 and (1) JS-2 LPS - (2) Regens - ISO and Amber and custom Canare DC cables for all / Tellarium Q Black Diamond USB cable and Curious Regen Link

Room is 12 x 23 w/Cathedral Ceilings - 15 Foot a peak 

Music: Assorted Music no metal or loud hard rock anymore really - not much Large Scale classical either but everything else.

Likes: Transparency- Delicate-linear-Dynamic-Fast - high resolution-microscope but not sterile not etched or lifeless - I know there is a fine Line here but I'm looking to walk it and come out on the right side - but real see through into the music - transparent to the source because I love my DAC - there more everything else sound more like my DAC the closer I'm getting to where I want to go as close as possible - image and sound stage lover - tight bass - hate flab - like speed and transparency as my selection choices might speak to

Coming from: Rethm Saadhana V3 speakers which I love and are incredible but want to try something else. 

Love any feedback about matching or equipment matching or one or multiple of these - what you heard at shows or whatever. Love more Info on these.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
I had the 326S.  It is a very good preamp that I enjoyed while I had it and at its price it will likely be hard to beat.  The things to be aware of is that it's a little bit darker/colored (which will likely go well with your treble brightness issues) and not the last word in transparency, but nothing that I would consider a major issue that would keep me from recommending it.  Ultimately,  I replaced it with the Ayre KX-R which was almost double the price but addressed the shortcomings of the 326S and then some but erred the other way in terms of treble which while more open was also strident.
Thanks - I’m a little worried that it is a bit dark but you are comparing to a great pre - do you think it will be a good amount darker vs from my Bricasti direct? I’m of giving a bit here to get more there if the sum of the parts are net gain? Would think it basically being the same price as Bricasti could be a nice ad and again ok with a little color but my Magico’s are breaking in nicely and combined with my Kubala-Sosna Emotion Speaker Cables there is NO MORE high frequency problems. I’m actually blown away by how good these Magico’s. I honestly didn’t think I’d get to where i am so I’m super happy in that regard but want that last link. That Preamp and pull it all together - to drive those dynamics and stretch that image wide and deep and provide some more air. I want that air and want to make sure it’s not dark or closed in deny that air. Heck that’s why we want SS preamps for the precision, air, dynamics, transparency and more focused imaging and deeper look into the music. Now I’m not comparing to a KXR but vs Bricasti direct. Do you think it can pull this off. A little color added in is just fine with me if it can pull the rest off. 
Thanks 

I have 3 preamps, Pass X0.2, AR ref5, and BAT VK51se.  I have 4 amplifiers.  I have a pair of Lamm ML1.1 mono blocks, a pair of Pass XA60.8 mono blocks, and M2 and J2 First Watt amps.  I use Cardas wire exclusively.  I have an Esoteric K-01 and an Esoteric SA-50  sacd/cd players, a Brooklyn DAC, and an Aries streamer.  Over the years I have had several speakers, including Thiel 2.7s, Quad ES, Martin Logan Aeon, Magnepan 1.7.  Last year I purchased a pair of YG Carmels and I fell in love with them, so I sold the Thiels and the Quads.  I then picked up a pair of Kipod II signature speakers, which have a passive woofer.
I have purchased nearly all my equipment used.  I have gotten great deals and have had no problems with the equipment.  
My room is also about 20x20 with a 15 foot cathedral ceiling.  
I should add that I have always used an amplified subwoofer, set where it basically just provides the low "rumble" of the venue where the recording was made.  
After 15+ years as an Audio Enthusiast, I can finally say that I have  found my speakers.
The Carmels are in a bedroom (12x12x8) and they provide  wonderful music that is very articulate and musical, even at low volume.  They are paired with the BAT VK51 and either one of the First Watt amps.
I should add that I was hooked on the sound of the Quads and the Magnepans until I discovered the YG speakers.  
I have found that with the YG speakers  I can have the beautiful midrange of the planar speakers and gain the dynamics and "slam" you get with cones, both with my solid state and tube amps.  The Kipod II signatures are driven equally well with both sets of monoblocks.  I use the AR Reference 5 preamp with the Kipod II, but I may switch to the solid state Pass X0.2 to experiment.  I have used the Pass preamp with the Carmel speakers and First Watt amps and the sound was as excellent.
 Like the Carmels, the Kipods  maintain all of there characteristic sound at levels that are pretty much "background" listening, which my wife really likes.  They will also rock the house and play symphonies at higher volume with a wonderful sounstage and big dynamic contrasts. There is "zero" distortion and a black background at all sound levels.
Oh, by the way, I listen to classical music primarily, especially symphonies, but I am also a 1950s and 60s aging lover of rock.
I will admit I have never heard any of the other speakers on the list of speakers across this site.
I would also like to say that in my experience with Class A power you do not have to have 200+watt amps.  The 60 watt Pass and 90 watt Lamm are plenty of power for the Kipod II.  My preamp has 100 points of gain (18 db I believe) and I seldom go above 30 and typically listen at 10 or 20.
Happy hunting, but most of all enjoy the music.

While I haven't heard your cables, based on your description of the sound change with those cables, I can't imagine the 326S will be darker/more colored than those cables (which cables are probably going to prevent you from getting the "air" you're looking for). Based upon my experience going direct, I would also be surprised if the sound direct is competitive with that of a good preamp like the 326S.
Thanks and yes I’m a bit concerned that the SC cables might cause that also :( 

I m struggling with that a bit also. It’s a tough balance. It’s like being on the point of a tip with such little wiggle room either way where just a bit too much either way and it slides too far the other way. How many darn cables can I go though... lol.

IC’s are different where they should not be but in effect are tone controls to a certain extent. I just want nuetral - transparent cables with a touch of warmth with air and space and extension without being bright - all seem either too much one way or the other based on if your using tubes or solid state. Too neutral is clinical and lifeless and too warm is colored and blurs with such a transparent speaker it can get tough.

Ive got a real good feel for where I am and where i want to go but power cables power conditioners IC’s SC’s DAC’s and preamps getting all right on point. Well that’s the gig right.

If the ML pre works out i should have the Speaker - Amp - Pre - DAC - PC’s - Conditioner all nailed down tight but SC and IC I think are going to need more time and more effort. Even IC I think can be last to dial it in a ways here or there but even though these SC’s I have now are so much better they are not where I want them - I’ve been lucky i have not been bit yet money wise as I’ve been able to flip through them ok but I’m bound to get bit sooner or later if I can’t nail a pair down soon :(