Harmony Remote Control

I was all set to pick up a Harmony 880 remote to simplify my HT system, but read a whole lot of negative reviews. Comments like cheap construction, faulty connection to the docking station and tiny buttons scared me away. For those of you who have this or another HT remote, can you share your experiences? Are these complaints nit picking or for real? Is there a remote out there that is better?
tonyp54
Post removed 
I used a PC to "program" it. When you first start the software (web based) it asks for a list of equipment. Then it asks which inputs on the pre/pro and TV that things are connected to. Also, it asks if you do video switching in the TV or on the pre/pro and which device controls the volume. It then goes to the Harmony web site and downloads the IR codes and sets everything up. I then tweaked the input switching timing and the order of activities and it was done. The software is also compatible with the Mac. BTW, I've programmed all the remotes I listed above and the Harmony is by far the easiest. It's so easy that all off the High-end shops in the area refuse to carry it because they can't make any money on selling the programming and there's not a lot of margin in it.
Tvad, Harmony uses a web-based programming protocol. You set up a passworded account on their site, use their database of codes, and save the configuration of your remote. The upside of this is that if your batteries cack, you can plug the Harmony remote into your computer, log on, and reload your commands from their site.
Post removed 
I have the Harmony H659 and at $150 retail from Best Buy I have been very happy. A Logitech tech pretty much did the programming while I waited on the phone.