Pre/Pro assistance and advice needed

I am going to be selling my B&K Ref20 soon and will be needing a pre/pro to replace it. I would like to spend under $1400 on new/used components.

Here are my wants:
1) Analog bypass for good stereo listening.
2) DD 5.1/DTS/Possibly THX (not necessary)
I don't need video switching, DVD-Audio or SACD.

I know that the Ref20 has most of this but I want higher quality 2 channel sound.

I have considered:

Krell HTS
Classe SSP25
Aragon Soundstage
Bryston SP1

Any further suggestions would be great. I am mainly concerned with a good 2 channel analog bypass. I know all of these will offer a great HT experience.

Gurus of the 'Gon...come to my aid!

joew
Joe,

I just sold my Ref20 yesterday and I am looking for a new processor also. Of the ones you mentioned I like the Classe SSP25 and SSP30. But let me tell you what I am also considering, a different approach, I might get an all analog unit like the McCormack Map1. The reason I am thinking about it is I also want good two channel sound. I think that the DAC in good DVD Players are fine. And all analog should sound better. I want to hear what other people think about this direction.

You may also want to consider Copland, they have a all analog 6 channel unit that is tube.
Also considering the Proceed AVP.

So:

Krell HTS
Proceed AVP
Classe SSP30
Aragon Soundstage

Still searching...
Musiqlovr,

While I haven't heard this unit, Butler Audio also makes a 5 channel tube amp. I have Butler Audio Blue gear in my car, and as far as auto gear goes, it's second to none. Butler has also been making guitar amplification for a long time, and the brand is well respected.

Z