Upgrading Fuses

Have a Audio Research Ref 3 and am considering upgrading the fuses but I am a little skeptical. Would like to hear from people who have try this. Hard to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. All advice appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
So, your actual rebuttal is comparing your inept cable supervisor diagnostic story to what? Are you kidding me?

Pick any industry and I can promise you, in many situations, Joe Schmo may have more knowledge about a particual technology than a so-called supervisor. What do you know about being a service technician anyway. I've been doing it for 37 years, in a wide spectrum of electronics. Mistakes get made, or new equipment comes out, and we're not given adequate time or training to learn everything, or for the special test equipment to diagnose said equipment. In that 37 years, and I'm sure fellow tech readers can attest to, there's good ones, and not so good, or just lazy types showing up for a paycheck.

What does this have to do with anyone proving what they claim to hear? Which month's magazine article did RH or JA address this fuse issue will measureable results? These are payed magazine reviewers, correct? And why isn't this debate about science? By that, I can only assume your limited understanding is more along the lines of magic since you lack any plauseable technical explanation? Merely claiming that you hear something, is not evidence that something is audible for various psychological, sociological, and well-understood unreliability of human hearing. And THAT has been discussed to no end except "audiophiles" unwillingness to accept that fact. Back up YOUR claims my friend!
Heh, heh, heh! My response was no rebuttal, but it achieved the desired result. I hear what I hear. You can't prove I don't and i don't feel the need to prove that i do . If it works, it works. This is a fact that drives some service technicians crazy.

I simply object to this thread's original purpose being hijacked. The request was for opinions from those who have actually tried high end fuses. Several here have admitted to never doing so and are proud they never will. That's called crashing a party. It speaks for itself. Some people have to express their opinions even when no one asked for them. They wouldn't last ten minutes on a loosely moderated thread because all of this B.S. is off topic. They'd be asked to start their own thread. Sadly, an engineering degree doesn't always enhance one's social skills.
A buddy of mine is coming over on Saturday for a listening session. There will be beer and lots of great music. At some point, we'll take out the tin stock fuse of my amp and replace it with a hifi tuning fuse. He's never heard one and isn't longing for one. We'll listen and discuss what we do and don't hear. If the fuse makes me happy, I'll keep it. If it doesn't, I'll exchange it for some MoFi recordings I've had my eye on. I love this hobby and no one can ruin it for me. Why would they want to try? Draw your own conclusions.

Every thing in "electronics" is controlled by these formulas. Electrons "obey" these laws in this universe. If your box was not imported from Krypton, it obeys these laws; but maybe the fuse is from "Krypton".

A beer, fuse listening party sounds like a very good idea. After enough beers those fuses might sound like "fuses from Krypton".

AMPS= WATTS÷VOLTS I = P ÷ E A = W ÷ V
WATTS= VOLTS x AMPS P = E x I W = V x A
VOLTS= WATTS ÷ AMPS E = P ÷ I V = W ÷ A

I hope nobody takes any of this stuff serious.
...And your "achieved desired result" only illustrates that you or anyone can make outlandish claims and not have to back them up. The onus of proof ALWAYS falls on persons making the claims, NOT the other way around. Your unwillingness to prove YOUR claims merely lumps you in with the "empty credibility" bunch, which you clearly seem to be at ease with. But I'm sure you're okay with fortune tellers ripping people off as well.

As far as you "objecting to this thread's original purpose being hijacked", the OP's entire context was being addressed by several based on his general skepticism and leariness to believe that fuses can make a substantial difference like the manufacturers claim. What "rational" person would exclude a comprehensive range of input, especially regarding pseudo science? I'd hope the OP would require factual data over empty, unproven claims. Since no one seems to be backing up their audible claims, nor by the mfrs, he owes it to himself to gather as much "unbiased" info as possible.

Have fun Saturday. You should ask someone with test equipment to come over. That would have more bearing to the OP and others. Every audible claim i've read, regarding fuses, IS measureable!