Your method for discovering great music.

I'm in a slump. It has been a while since I've discovered new music that I really like. And when I say "new" I mean new to me. Maybe even rediscovered would count as new.

I do not have a method. I usually stumble into new music that I like. I also don't have loads of hours to sort through tons of stuff I don't like. Plus I find that random sort of pursuit to be frustrating and unrewarding most of the time.

Amazon Music had half decent 'recommended for you' lists but I don't recall if that ever paid off. I use Qobuz now which sucks in that particular department.

I've found a few bands that I like from recommendations here at Audiogon but I have not been here much lately.

So I'm curious as to how some of you approach that search for great music that is either actually new, new to you or rediscovered.

n80

If you like something, go to Discogs.com and look at the credits of that release, from there you can explore other things by that artist, producer, player, label, etc

reubent--

Thanks for the thought. I access RP via my BluOS app in rder to stream from my Node 21. Usint the RP app allows me to listen on my phone or tablet but I haven't found a way to play that on my system via wi-fi--only Bluetooth to the Node. Just now when accessing RP on the app with my phone the music appearing is from a rotation I have seen before.  

+1 for Roon.  I stream my old favorites and then Roon dishes out other music not in my library that follows along in the same genre.  I can't tell you how many new albums and artists that I have discovered by letting Roon do its thing, and then thinking "wow, that music is good . . . who is it?"  For me, with an all digital system, Roon is irreplaceable.

My kids, friends, family, radio, this forum- found Eva Cassidy from a post here.