Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
First show was Jimi Hendrix Experience, August 1968, at the Richmond Mosque. Second show was Led Zeppelin (Christmas Day?) 1968, Denver auditorium. Also around this time I started paying attention to this group Child, later name changed to Steel Mill, with their personable skinny long haired front man doing his best Steve Marriott impression. Must have seen them 40 times, in bars, parks, parties, auditoriums and on top of the downtown Richmond parking garage, as they made their informal concert circuit from Asbury Park, NJ to Atlanta stopping in Richmond to play several gigs. Friendly kid that front singer, I wonder what ever became of him. 
Wow, what a way to age the audiogon community! Well my first concert was I believe MC Hammer or maybe Bel Biv Devoe in probably 1988 or so (I was like 11). Who cares about age though--it's bragging rights. I was born in the wrong generation and am so envious of you all who got to see Jimi, Jim, Janis, Jerry, the original Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Band...
And because I've been pm'd about the above, and just to carify ... that skinny, long-haired teenage kid in Child/Steel Mill was the yet to be recorded Mr. Springsteen. Real nice guy.
Dugo,I would have liked to see Bowie back then ! 5AM and im listening to Mick Ronson ,Im the One before I head off to work,,,