Which is the best cable for Martin-Logan?

I use martin-logan Quest z with monster-cabe powerline 2 plus (krell power,mark levinson pre..etc) but my friends of Audio club say monster is not good for my system and Transparentcable is best for mine... unfortunately..it's very expensive... and they recommand MIT , Cardas well, I dont know much about cables. Must I change speaker cables to get clear sound?
eugene
Since you have already had many responses, I am not going to offer any specific recommendations except for power cords. In my opinion and the opinion of Audio Research, the best power cords are from Aural Symphonics (Univocal). I was not ready for the improvement, especially on digital sources and preamp. Amazingly, they make a major difference on ML's as well. A general piece of advise. All audio systems are just that, systems made up of components that all have some type of skew. Use the cable to tune to your tastes, but insure that the capacitance is right for your needs or you will be inserting the equivalent of a high pass filter between components and roll off the highs. The other issue is phase coherency. Most of the recent better cables are fairly phase coherent (improved resolution). Regarding Monster. I am not a big fan, although their M2.4 biwire speaker wire is a steal for a cable that is probably almost as good as the absurdly priced Transparent cables which are merely good wire with a Zobel network on the end to stablize impedence.
10-gauge stranded zip cord. Your ears and wallet will thank you very much. Challenge you to hear the difference.
I've had three different M-Ls (Aerius, SL3 and now CLSIIz). Have used Cardas, MIT, Tara, Nordost and XLO Signature. I've settled on the XLO with the CLSIIzs. It was a tossup between Nordost and XLO with the Aerius and SL3s (I was using biwiring for these two speakers). None of the cables sounded bad. I would have been happy with any of them if I had not compared them with each other (which, of course, is part of the fun). As a postscript, I think the Nordost bi-wires sounded best (with SL3s and Aerius i's) when I used a tube amp (Jadis Defy 7). Van
I originally had Monster PowerLine 2s with my QuestZs and the sound was very hard. Tried a bunch, all sounded way way better than the Monsters. Others all sounded pretty close; settled on Transparent bi-wire (about $600). Dump the monsters, they really were dissapointing.