Where can one purchase lead shot for speakers?

Hi,

I'm putting together a new system and just purchased a pair of Von Schweikert VR4jrs. They will arrive in about a week so I am trying to prepare everything for their arrival. This is the first pair of speakers that I will own that take lead shot to improve their bass. I have no idea where to even start looking for a place to purchase the shot. Can anybody tell me where I might find some? I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and I'm really hoping to be able to buy it locally as opposed to having it shipped in since it would be very costly to do so.

Thanks,

Bill
thebclshow
I also have the VS VR4 Jr's. A nice improvement is to use Herbie's big fat dots between the bass module and mid/tweeter module. Something about better damping of the vibrations from the bass cabinet made the mid/tweeter cabinet image better. Worthwhile tweak for approx $80. Enjoy the music.
http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/bigfat.htm
Thanks for all of the input. I have read all of these threads as well as the previous posted threads on this subject and had no idea when I posed it that this question would elicit such a lively debate. I'm going to have to do some more research on this matter before I decide what to do. people have mentioned such products as the Lovan Black Gold and Atabites. Has anybody actually used either of these products? What was your experience with them?

Thanks,

Bill
If you REALLY need the weight of shot, and it IS better for a number of reasons to use STEEL, than buy larger shot and to prevent rattles, fill in with the finest sand you can buy. Refill (add sand) in a couple weeks 'cause it'll settle! The sand will take up the space between the shot.
No Rattles, either.

When I had my VR4jrs a couple years ago, I bought my lead shot at Walmart in the sporting goods department. They had 20 lb. bags. You can get one of those cheap white respirator masks at the hardware store. Just pour it in slow (so it doesn't stir up dust) and you'll be just fine. It won't kill you, and it works great. I still use it in my speaker stands.