For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Got in my Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" 45rpm this week. I now have both the 33 & 45 that were remastered and pressed at Pallas. My luck, there"ll be a one - step version out soon.
The differences I'm hearing on the 45 rpm are, a clearer presentation, snappier transients, fuller mids and bass. Not deeper bass but more full.
Mr. Mailman just brought me The Flaming Lips "American Head"

I'm thinking this could be a sleeper.
The Flaming Lips "American Head" is , so far meeting all of my expectations.

Loving it!
David Knopfler "Release"  Passport Records/1983

Listened to this last evening. Decided it needed special care. It received it’s first US clean and flattening. Up now. This is a sleeper lp. Recommended!
@big_greg,

Noticed your listening to many Japanese pressings. Wondering how they, if they do, bring you more joy?

This isn’t meant to be an avenue to bash, just a way to learn. Have you compared to other pressings of same lps?

This may be a good thread topic?
@bkeske,

I got fed up with pro football years ago. Having said that, I'd love to know that  the Browns went all the way. Good luck!
Brian,

I own two copies:

Island ILPS 9348 /US
Hannibal HNBL 4404 /UK

Last time I compared, years ago, the Hannibal won the SQ game
Brian,

I bought several RH lps at a record show a few years ago, all were from the same owner as he left his writing on the labels and jackets. My copy is Verve FT-3034.
The vinyl is in great shape.
@mammothguy54,

Is your "Then Play On" a UK? The UK had "Oh Well" on it. I bought their remastered boxes last year and they sound great!

Of course if you want to pay $50 + for the recent remaster, it has it or you can go for the box at way less than $50 per lp.
@noromance,

First, thanks for reminding me of the Maggie Bell album. Albums that are quiet are SO much more enjoyable. I lucked up on my copy over 25 years ago as it looks unplayed and it sounds unplayed for a 45 year old record. Your Janis comparison is noted but Janis is more raw and gutterly, whereas Maggie is a little more refined. Anyhow, the music is great, SQ is great. Recommended!!
Joel,

By my knowledge, only the UK "Then Play On" included Oh Well. You have a treasure. I own US version, doesn’t have it

Oh and BTW, on my box set copy, Oh Well is in two parts which I never knew.

Oh well....
Maggie Bell "Queen of the Night" 1974/Atlantic/DJ promo/looks mint/freshly US cleaned