What preamp for my Shahinians?

I am driving my Shahinian Diapasons with a Rotel 380/channel solid state amp. I could spend up to about $6000 on a preamp. So far the ones I have heard in my system were not that impressive. (I currently have a Belles solid state).
The Plinius CD-LAD didn't sound as good as the Belles. The Hovland HP 100 had great mid-range but rolled off the bass too much and had tube ringing at high volumes.
It seems like finding the best preamp might take a long time. Can anyone suggest a pre-amp that might be good in my system? If your not familiar with Shahinian, I'd say they sound like Quad 988's but have more bass and play louder.
Thanks
holzhauer
PLinius is great.Save money an buy bedini classic 200. This is peter's #1 amp.Check his web site.You will have to spend over $5000.00 to beat this amp!no advertisment no press. save your money and bye.
Lucky one , you allready have, probably the best speakers on this planet, but to understand that you need to partner them with their ideal par.I have search a long time for satisfactory amp for my Shahinian Obelisks, and finaly i found -exactly that what Dick Shahinian recommends firstly- BEDINI, Classic 200- the best amp which i heard untill today, regardles of price.Its just the music flowing ,you can forget about sound ,and just listen to the music,exactly like it was recorded, good or bed , on any level you want ,it is so dynamic that you realy dont need to level up your volume to hear everything, but than if you want power and groove ,you have it,and how? Without any nastys and distorsions, perfect.Bedini have a pair of Diapasons in their fabric, to help them when developing their amps. Yoy said that you never found many differences between power amps, so then give a listen to Classic 200 , and tell us your experiences.Classic 200 is just 3500 USD retail ,you can find ex demo for about 2500, and you have still much money to find a good pre-amp , but beleive me ,your must, and first is Bedini Amp , he just made also Vintage 100/100 monoblocks( unbeliavable 1500 USD), and they say that it is sonicaly maby better than Classic 200.But i will go to Classic 200, you will not beleive to your ears, so like me (see my thread about Bedinis here on Audiogon). I have pre amp Korato - Anniversery model(valve ,three pieces): www.korato.com , which costs in Serbia arround 2000 USD, and plays very good with Classic 200.You can ask also Pearaudio (europian distributor for Bedini and Shahinian) about their pre amp which they make specialy for Bedini and Shahinians (1750 euro line ,and 2750 euro with phono), this is mine next Pre Amp, maby.Cables XLO Signature which i have in my all system are exellent match , and better than many other expensive ones.
I hope you will give me a listen, for your sake.
Holzhauer,
From what i understand Richard Shahinian recommends Solid state electronics for his speakers.Hart Huschens of Audio Advancements is a friend of Richards and also is the US distributor for ESE labs.The ESE lab line stage may be just the ticket.I think it retails for about $3300.
I am very hesitant in suggesting products but these happen work very well together.
Best of luck in what ever you choose