Vinyl vs. digital: what am I doing wrong?

I'd like to ask you all for help with my TT setup. I think I've amassed what should be a nice sounding TT setup. However, I don't think that vinyl sounds as good as my CD (e.g., comparing the same album on vinyl vs CD).

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my TT setup:
- Basis 1400 with clamp
- Upgraded power supply
- Rega RB300 tonearm with Incongnito wiring
- Shelter 501MK2
- VPI 16.5 cleaner with AudioIntelligent cleaning products
- Zerodust stylus cleaner
- TT set up by Brooks Berdan

CD player:
- Metronome CD2V Signature

Rest of system:
- Martin Logan SL3
- Cary 805 amp
- Music Reference Amp
- Supratek Chenin preamp with built in MC phono stage

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alvin
alvinlin
First check your TT settings that everything is in order.

If that doesn't work, then get a separate dedicated phonostage, like a Herron/Modwright/Aqvox.
I've been using my own interconnects (Belden RG6 coax) with WBT style connectors. The speaker cables are Canare RS11 biwire, also with WBT style connectors.

I use a Norah Jones album for most of my comparison. The CD version sounds more clear with better imaging. I find myself hearing more with the CD version. The vinyl version sounds a bit flat.

I'm not sure this is important but I'm using the normal version of the vinyl, not the 180g or 200g versions sold in the audiophile stores.

I don't remember the loading setting. I haven't experimented with this yet. I'll have to check when I get from my business trip.

Let me know if I'm leaving anything else out.

Thanks!
I had a local shop in Boston check the TT settings, and everything was calibrated as it should. I also had the EAR 834p phono stage and the Music Reference RM5 preamp

I liked the Supratek the best but I expected the vinyl version to be much, much better than CD. Am my expectations not correct? Should I really be comparing the audiophile vinyl versions instead?
Post removed