Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Post removed 
Aigenga, Do you mean to say that you will never want to play an LP again, even to generate a digital file of it?  Seems that the latter option might cause you to want to hang on to your rig.  But of course it's your decision to make.
Lewm,  I am tired of the mechanics of turntable life.  I am somewhat of a perfectionist so I spent a good deal of time and money using devices to ensure that every aspect of stylus on vinyl was just so, to say nothing of all of the downstream aspects of analog reproduction.  Adding an additional layer of ripping devices/software would be a step in the wrong direction for me.  

I have perfected my digital rig to the point where I can safely say it is excellent and needs no fiddling.  Although I am upgrading the devices as new technology and knowledge comes to the market.  I now have 3200 albums (many are multiple discs, and many are high-def) stored and instantly accessible.  You might have something similar.  I really love listening to multiple versions of a particular cut or laying out an involved couple of hours of tunes without having to go through the unshelving and reshelving of multiple records.  More time on music, less on mechanics.
I feel you, but I am far too lazy to make the effort to transfer my approximately 2500 LPs to digital, even if I wanted badly to do so, which I don't.  I have a very good CDP (Ayre C5Xe-mp), and I leave it at that.  My CD/SACD collection is much smaller than my LP collection.