Turntables: 2 Tonearms. What do you Have or Know About?

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Turntables: 2 Tonearms. What do you Have or Know About?

……………………………………………….

I think it would be interesting/fun to create a list of 2 Tonearm TT’s

(2 arms or potential for 2 arms or more)

Links to Virtual Systems; Links to ‘For Sale’; Links to Manufacturers Sites; Photos

To Insert Photos, here’s how:

How to Insert Photos in Audiogon Posts

ALL CREDIT TO DOGBERRY

I’m an old man (74), U can do it.

Hopefully this makes sense

INSERT Photo in an Audiogon Post

1. Write some yap about your subject
  2. Open a new Window
  3. Find a Photo already uploaded to the web
  1. Yours (my flower)
  2. Any photo (DBX Speakers)
  1. RIGHT CLICK on the PHOTO
  1. Popup menu appears
  2. ‘copy image address’
  1. Back to Your Audiogon Post
  1. Click in Top bar: 6th icon from left: (mountains with moon)
  2. Popup window appears
  3. Paste URL in the box
  4. Size is automatically inserted by the software
  5. OK
  6. SAVE

………………………………………………………………………..

My 3 Arm Turntable: Became the Jewel of my System, 8th Photo Here

https://www.audiogon.com/systems/9511

…………………………………………

How did this happen? Covid Times, I upgraded eveything).

I listen to a lot of Jazz, both Stereo and Mono.

After learning here the advantages of a true mono cartridge, I wanted a second tonearm for a MONO cartridge ‘ready to go’. Got big plinth made for 2 arms, JVC VICTOR PL-2. Stereo cartridge on right, Mono cartridge rear.

Then I resurrected a MM Cartridge (new stylus from Jico). Squeezed an 'illegitimate' third tonearm on.

Right long arm is MC (fixed/difficult adjustments);

Rear Arm is MM (removable headshell/easy and quick adjustments of Tracking Force, Anti-Skate and VTA).

Left side arm MONO (fixed/difficult adjustments)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

elliottbnewcombjr
Post removed 

Yes Elliot, that is what mine looks like. I have a SME3010R in the back spot and a Moerch DP6 12" on the side.

Sorry for the "off topic" but, how do you keep all those little corners clean? With a small brush? a small vacuum cleaner?
🤔

audiomark1234

That's gotta be a nice combo. I had and loved an SME 3009II, got repair parts from SME in 1973. I wrote them with parts needed. I expected a letter saying 'send $_____. They sent me the parts with a typed invoice, trusted me to pay, class act. Different world then. Steve at VAS made me sell it to him.

My friend just bought a used 9" Moerch. He's the one who bought the JVC 3 arm plinth with the Denon Nameplate. He's going to select and add a new veneer, so it will be a while until I help him install it, and hear it.

pindac

Here’s my JVC spinner ’type’ with custom black marble base and pods. I’d hate to pay for it. No dust cover? All that precision, open to dust mites? Or my forced air system, nooooo.

Mine is a TT81, the last ’sensible’ one. That is Halcro’s (Henry) TT101. I read all about it, a VERY LONG thread here, the nightmare he went thru getting it properly overhauled. TT101 is vacuum hold down type. Pretty sure Lewm had/has a TT101.

Here’s Halcro’s Video proving all 3 arms could play without effecting the speed one bit. Happily I have more room to operate my rear arm, as easy as the right side. Left arm backwards, is a mind twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfVk430hwU4

My friends compare cartridges, theirs, mine, stereo/mono: changing the rear arm’s headshell, playing 2 or 3 arms simultaneously, simply select which arm on my 3 arm SUT. Easy to demonstrate the benefit of playing a Mono LP with a true Mono Cartridge vs a Stereo Cartridge via preamp’s mono ’mode’.

Punishment: I compare TT101 to anyone who buys a Jag XJS with a V12 jammed under the hood, instead of a superb Straight Slant 6. btw, the 6 beats the 12 off the line, V12 only wins at top speed.

I admire other people’s ’arms on pods’ arrangements. A lot of wonderful designs simply ignore dust covers. You need to have a designated place for the dust cover to go while listening, some custom ones are giants.

I prefer the arm mounts factory made and attached to the TT itself, essentially easy to buy, setup, mount most arms ’normally’. I prefer DD, AND a removable factory dust cover.

From your Links:

Micro-Seiki RX 1500, 3 arms

here’s a

2 arm version

Wave Kinetics Direct Drive, 2 12" arms

Bergman, allows 4 arms? Post said:

"This is the new model from Bergmann Turntables till 4 arms air bearing and vacuum pump."