totem/nad denon

Hi i ahve abeginners question.I have a nad 356 bee for my totem sttaf speakers . I jsut bought a denon 2100 home reciever to upsgrade my home theater. I have dedciated gallo system for that. Will i Hear a difference if iuse the denon for the sttaffs and get rid of the nad???? I wanted to have dedicated systems but now i am trying to be a little more realistic.

thanks

Brian
adetunde
adetunde,
You're making the right decision to keep the NAD. If you're looking for a TT, I suggest starting a new thread in the Analogue section.
List your system; NAD, Totems, cables, size of room, and the types of music you listen to.
Also include if this is your 1st TT and if you have a record collection.

There are many recent threads asking for TT advice. You can look thru the Analogue Forum or use key words in the Archives.
For new plug and play TTs, the same names keep popping up... Rega, Pro-ject Debut Carbon DC, Audio Technica, Music Hall mmf2.2. The other option is used.
Bill - you had mentioned the two pre -outss....  "I just looked at the rear of the Denon 2100 and it only has Zone 2 stereo preouts so combining it with the NAD 356BEE might not be possible. I'll let others chime in on that subject."  ...........could I use those pre outs to the auxiliary on the NAD for when I want to use the Totems to listen to a music program on TV?

Thanks 

I do not believe you can do this.  The Pre-outs on the back of your AVR are meant to go into the inputs of a power amp.  If you connect these to AUX inputs of your NAD  that are line level, you are sending the signal to the NAD's pre-amp and not power amp.   You would have to disconnect the jumpers on the back of the NAD to connect to power amp inputs, effectively losing the NAD's superior stereo preamp section.  So for music, you have not gained anything except a higher powered AVR.

This why some integrated amps have a feature called HT Bypass to allow seamless integration into an existing surround sound system all with the push of a button and one pair of interconnects.  This is the way my system is configured.