Top Ten Speakers of All Time?

Well its time for a new Top Ten Thread. WOW-Have I learned a lot.Thanks to all Audiogon members.Have had several e mail thanking the Top Ten Threads. We have a lot of new members just starting their High End adventure. Info was much appreciated. I will start the thread for the Acoustat 2+2 and Model 2 of which I still own and continue to enjoy. So lets have your top ten members. --- MANY THANKS ---
ferrari
Quad ESL-63 USA Monitors; Swan (forgot model, but circa 1989); Wilson Watt/Puppy.
I know this is an old thread but I just found it. I was a High End Audio dealer ( Audio House) during the 1980's. I sold, Rogers, IMF, Acoustats, Mordant Short, Pro Audio, Speaker Art speakers. I also sold many high end used speakers like Infinity, Quad, Klipsh etc. From being a dealer and attending many CES shows and auditioning the best available, I came to the conclusion that one develops a certain preference for a speaker sound. I love the British Monitor sound. I think Rogers did the best job in this department. I own a pair of Speaker Art speaker made in CA by a very small company. This speaker captured the British sound and has a great base to go with it. I sold a pair of Rogers speaker that were powered by two Quad amps. Can't remember the model but I think they cost $6,000. They were very good. For this list I would include the very expensive Infinities, LS3/5a, Acoustats, Speaker Art, IMF, Mordant Short. They made some great speakers those days. The Home Theater systems seems to have clouded the issue and I have not kept up with what is being offered today. Enjoy what you have. It sounds good. Terry
From the limited number of speakers I heard these most impressed me:
MBL 101 and 116
Wilson X2 alexandria
Symposium
2nd best in no particular order:
Viennna Acoustics Kiss
Verity Audio ?model around $8,000
Magico Mini
Merlin VSM:--- very hard to beat this speaker, I say that because I own them and never regret hearing the more expensive speakers knowing that I can come home to one of the best speakers out there that didn't break the bank
Well lately i had the pleasure of listening to a pair of modified Acoustat Spectra 6600, of course i have not heard every speaker out there, but at 64 years old i have listend to many, 2 channel audio as been my passion for more than 40 years, and dollar for dollar i haven't heard anything that even comes close, you can see pictures of those Acoustats in MrAcoustat member gallery on Canuck Audio Mart, the small ones are mine Acoustat 1+1s and the big ones are my friend Jocelyn they are Acoustat Spectra 6600, both where rebuilt by him with lots of T.L.C.