Tidal speakers... particulary Tidal Sunray

Hello all,

I've been reading about Tidal speakers and was curious if anyone ever heard the Tidal Sunray or perhaps any other of their speakers.

The Sunray has 2x7" ceramic mid ranges, a 1.2" diamond tweeter and 4x9" woofers per speaker.

Based on the reading/research I've done it appears that Tidal manages to use the advantages of ceramic/diamond drivers, being detailed, transparent and fast, but managed to control their drawbacks namely potentially dry, clinical and thin sounding.

I currently use the Marten Coltrane but the Tidal appears very interesting as upgrade.

Appeciate if anyone is able to give their views on this speaker based on a listening session and if you agree with the above sound.

Also your view of this speaker in comparison with eg. the Avalon Isis, Rockport Altair, Peak Consult Dragon and Magico M5 is appreciated.

Many many thanks
maxx1973
Wiredup we seem to agree on everything. Yes, although TAD wanted to invite you "into" the music sometimes it reminded me of old JBL's. It didnt have that "elegance" if I could say so we are so used in "high-end" audio. I suppose it ultimately lacked some transpareny and micro-detail.
in all fairness too ALL of the aforementioned speakers, we all know that show conditions are far less than optimal. of course ,all exhibitors try their very best to tame the room acoustics ,deal with noisy floors, crowds, and electricity. the results ,at best, are allowing one, only to get a glimpse of what the system in mind can and should do. it's like test driving a high -perfromance car- you ought to drive it in different settings to appreciate its attributes. same here- if one liked the tidal sound at the mhe show , but was n't"blown away", he /she ought to try and listen to it in a different settings , before passing absolute judgment.
i can only attest that in my room ,with my front end and amps the sunrays are magically stunning!
Hifishows is for real not a easy game for the companies that is demonstrating. I guess most of the people in here are experienced hifishow-visitors as myself. Before the show you know that there will be too loud, to much boomy bass, many rooms with bright and gray sound and a lot of the same music in many rooms.

I would never take an option away only on the basis of listening experince on a hifishow. The TAD for instance I´ve heard perfom better but still not my cup of tea. The Kharma..., no, I don´t know what to say, a disapointment and clearly a ceramic sound.

To the point then, what made me post my meaning were that even under those circumstances the Tidal were awsome! One of the best sound I´ve heard and way better than Marten coltrane, Kharma 2 and 3, Wilson W/P7 and 8, Maxx 2, all listened to in controlled and good rooms. Wilson Alexandria is the real stuff but never made me cry. That the Tidal did and it´s a quality mark as good as anything.

Someone else may have the emotion on other sepakers but I´m afraid I´m hooked :-)

just added the tidal lpx active crossover... it is set @50hz and i'm getting an even better(as expected), faster and punchier bass now.
the unit is built like a tank, and its fit and finish are in the same vein as the rest of the tidal product line-- exquisite!
Ozy, I listened a pair of Sunray in Taiwan, with lpx active crossover, exactly like yours.
The owner took it to other audiophile's house for A/B test against Cello Grand Master.

Guess what? Most of people like Cello much more than Sunray, especially the extension in treble.

I have to say : I am very disappointed to Taiwan audiophiles' taste! They should attend live concert more often.