This ever happen to you?

First let me say, there were no drugs involved in this one.

I was listening to my tuner (old marantz solid state 20/20) on acoustat model 3s. i dont know what song was playing but it was in the alternative trance genre w/ lyrics. my right ear felt like it was connected to the speaker by a tube directly into my eardrum. it sounded exactly like i had one side of a pair of etymotics in my ear. the sound was totally divorced from the speaker and seemed to be coming out of a little tiny speaker situated right in my eardrum. the detail was perfect and the tone of the music seemed almost unreal and lush but with a slight humming (or vibrating) and absolutely personal. even when i moved my head a little it still felt like the sound was right in my right ear. this wasn't happening with my left ear. were there some sort of odd harmonics at work? was this an intentional mixing trick?

WTH?
kublakhan
No,we can be sure, scientifically, that what you think you heard wasn't "some sort of odd harmonic...[or]...a mixing trick...."You should probably start with a good physical and hearing exam. Is ther a history or tinnitus or other hearing problems in your family? Are you obese or do you have HTN? Have you been able to repeat the experience? If repeatable, next time sit backwards and see if moves to your left ear. This would argue in favor of the stereo in the differential diagnosis and against further medical workup. At least on a audiology area. Are you taking any over the counter medications or prescription drugs? Sometimes these can produce humming. Can you elaborate on your description of symptoms such as "tone...unreal and lush but with a slight humming...". Was the tube-in-you- ear sensation accompanied by warmth or the sound of bacon and eggs frying in the distance? These and other questions must be explored before a complete response is advisable or possible. Beyond this advise, for now, you should consult a primary care physician regarding the need for a complete physical and/or neurological and/or psychiatric workup. Best wishes. Email if I can be of further help. I know several fine M.D.s and even one that is an audiophile in the LA area.
Oh hell I forgot, was it possibly DONNA THE BUFFALO that you were listening to when it happened. I love their hippie trance music and it does tricks on me, but not sober, but that's not to suggest anthing, I just thought it might be a simple explanation like killer music and krippie pot and/or guinness excess.