The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
@cleeds: "It wasn't a valid "test." It was a deception, an illusion, a misdirection intended to produce an invalid result. That's not even remotely a scientific test."

Ok, so exactly what IS a scientific test?
Ok, let me flip this around.  As a Pro-Audio guy, cables do/can sound "different".  Any audio engineer can tell you the difference a Mogami or Canare cable vs. some low end 100' generic cable. 

It is a matter of, method of "TONE CONTROL".  Easily explained by physics.  *** Cables are the 'new' Tone Control.  ***  (Poorly if you ask me)

Years ago, our audio gear had tone controls, and remember graphic and parametric 'Equalizers'?  Want a boost in the mid's? Bump 1K a hair.

Somehow Audiophiles got so caught up in signal path they took away 'tweeks, and adjustability'.  We now are stumbling around swapping cables to hear "clearer mids", "better bass", blah blah blah. 

Here is my take on this, and why I have a McIntosh C52 with 8-Band EQ.I use quality cables with good measurements, most of which are the same cables used in the actual recording studio (Mogami, Canare, BJC).  And then if I need a little tweak here and there, or to fix a poor recording, I engage the EQ and make it sound how I prefer it.  "FLAT" is overrated.

Save yourself the money on esoteric cables, and just bring back tone controls.  :-)
P.S.  The majority of music you listen to was recorded with Mogami/Canare cables, so maybe we all should standardize on that and let the system (speakers, amp, pre, source) speak for themselves.