The Best Amplifier Ever ?

OK, let's get the straight scoop! Stereophile reviewers want to push the Halcro dm58 (and presumably the dm68) into a newly formed A+ category because it is the best amplifier ever. For a moment, let's assume something like a "best" can exist, at least for one person at a time. Is this the end for all other amps in the proximate price range? Paul Bolin used words like "jaw dropping" and "utter disbelief" -- Oh I know that journalists like that kind of thing, but Mr. Bolin basically says that nothing else comes close to comparison. No contest. Not in the same league. Even in Stereophile, I can't recall something quite that glowing (except maybe for the Boulder 2008 phono preamp). What do you think?
ozfly
HiFi - no SS amp could ever do bells better on Quads than tubes, even an old Marantz 8B even my MC-60's, I know that like I know me. Ahhh.....bells, tubes and quads, now your talking :)

Rowland Model Twelves, at least in my system.

I'm actually starting to believe that we all have gone nuts and have and are paying far too much for what we get. There is really not that much difference today between moderately priced gear and super expensive stuff.

Will be trying out the new Parasound JC-1 monoblocks soon, that retail for $6,000 - well at least pricewise I'm headed in the right direction.
I plan to listen to these amps in my system this week. (Quads and OTLs) I agree with all the posts that the magazine reviews are overdone ("best ever" indeed! - who has heard all contenders comparatively?) On the other hand I am struck by the broad spectrum of enthusiastic raves from many many 'professional' audio reviewers, including Ken Kessler who in my experience is not given to "politics" (except for his support of local products - easily understood). My conclusion: It's likely a very good amp. Best for me? I am going to let my ears be my guide. Will post again with my 0.02$ after hearing.