Surge protection, no filtering, no regen please...

I've been trying a few power conditioner during the last few months, Quintet, Furutech products, APC etc... I found that they all changed the sound... but all of them got worse (limited dynamics or at least something not to my taste).

I know I can't afford a regen like PPP but I want protection.

What's your experience on something that provide surge protection but absolutely does not change the sound a bit?

Thx. Tom.
chuttt
I think they will all have some effect on the overall sound. What you want is one that improves, not detracts.

HAve you tried plugging the amp straight into the wall, while using one of your conditioners for all other components?
HAve you tried separate isolated sources of AC for digital and analog?
Do you have 20a dedicated circuits in place?
I have amp plug into wall direct now and I don't have plan for dediciated line for now due to my house situation.

I'm just worried about lightning etc. so I want protection... but I want nothing more added to my system...
Hi! I always felt the same way you do. A change in sound is not necessarily an improvement. My only concern has been surge protection. Sudden transients in the power line are a reality. I have 20 amp dedicated lines for isloation and quietness. But for surges have used Brickwall filters from Price Wheeler Corp. I use 3 of the 20 amp: one each on the mono power amps and one on the transport and DAC. I have never had a problem in 20 years. They do not current limit current, they divert any noise to neutral, not to ground, and do not use sacrificial components such as cheap MOV's. They are also silent and inexpensive. Their website is very comprehensive and they sell direct. I hope this helps.