Speakers for large open room

I'd like thoughts for speakers in a 18 x 22 room with catheral ceilings 15' to 23'...one long window wall and the other, a half wall opening to kitchen and hall with loft over!!! A nightmare or what?
lovesmusic
Loveswhatkindofmusic? Budget? Rest of system?

For my own tastes vintage Klipsch LaScalas or Khorns (if you have the corners) make me very happy paired off with the right amp(s). LaScalas worked brilliantly for me with 8 watts of SET in my studio which was also quite large. These are very large speakers though, so be prepared to give up some real estate. They don't do well at the WAF line-up downtown at the station either.

Marco
Great WAF and easily filling a 38X22 with 10 foot peak ceiling room are my VonSchweikert Vr4SR's. They are really beautiful sounding. Using 200 watt per channel solid state. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your responses...I listen to classic (orchestral) 90% of the time...vinyl 75%. Components are Rega P-25 with Grado, Sony SACD 777ES, either Audible Illusions pre/Pass Aleph3 or Magnum Dynalab 208 receiver (100WPC).Will probably buy used at up to 3k...Also, this is a bright/hard room with wood floors/oriental rugs. Thanks again.
Post removed