Ripped off, any ideas?

I was given a working Fisher 800C receiver from my father in law that he purchased new and had stored in his basement. It was running hot and had a few cosmetic blemishes so for my father in law I wanted to get it looking and running like new.
I did some research and found a place called AEA Audio in the SF Bay Area, about 90 miles from my home. I called and spoke to man named Ken owner of AEA audio and he spoke a good game of everything he could do to restore it to new. I dropped it of to his home April 30th of 2017. He said he was backed up and moving so it would be about 3-4 months and would call me when he was beginning work on my unit. A very nice guy and showed me his home work shop and also had a business location about 15 minutes from his home. Everything seemed on the up and up.
I have called him 5 times since dropping it off and he assured me it was safe and still in his shop but it was taking longer than expected due to his moving and it would be another 3 weeks at every call.
I called him early December and told him I wanted to pick it up before Christmas regardless of weather or not the work was completed he said no problem he should have it done by then.
I have called him three times since and no return call. I know I should have been more deligent in my hounding him but I travel so much for work I haven't had time to stay on top of it.
What recourse do I have and how do I proceed.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

128x128jb505
He called me last week and told me that it is ready to be picked up. I have come down with the flu and have been down for the last 10 days. It's been brutal. 
I plan to go down there this week and pick it up.
i'll let you know when I get it and my impressions of the work.
at least I can get it back.
I picked up the unit yesterday and hooked it up today.
He was very apologetic about the time frame delay and said he is working over time to elevate the backlog. Still 10 months and little communication is a little disconcerting when you don't know if he still has it or what's being done.
The Fisher looks and sounds great. If he can get the work done on time I can recommend his work. Just be prepaired for a wait.
Thanks for everyone's responses.
I have had AEA restore two pieces for me.  It takes time with them, and the communication not always the best, but they do great work. Agree with jb505, just need to be prepared to wait