Question for tube aficionados

I have a vintage Conrad-Johnson PV 11 preamp.
 I’ve always re-tubed it  with the cheapest tubes from Tube Depot (e.g. Electro-Harmonix 12AU7 and 12AX7, Sovtek 5751 and the like.). I’ve been very happy with the sound.
 My question is:
 Would it be worthwhile to spend more money on more exotic tubes?
  Would there be any appreciable difference in the sound?
 I’m powering the system with NuForce Reference 9 V3 monoblocks.
128x128rvpiano
Just another note, if anyone knows more about 12au7, 12ax7,5751 tubes, it’s me. I’ve been rolling tubes for years and I have a huge stock of all the top vintage brands. I can’t believe how people comment on subjects they know nothing about. No wonder people get so confused when they need direction. I tried a lot of tubes in the PV-11 line stage and the 7316 will be the tube that will give you most satisfaction. It’s because it is very revealing but smooth and musical too. If you desire a more analytical sound, RCA clear top.   Mullard Old Logo 1960’s 12au7’s are my 2nd favorite along with the French made Cifte 12au7’s.  I personally felt the phonostage of the PV-11 was way superior to its linestage and I actually found putting in all quality tubes in the phonostage didn’t improve its sound. So for the  phonostage, I used a vintage 5751 black plate triple mica (doesn’t matter their all great), basic current production Russian 12AX7’s and a Mullard 12AU7 or 7316 Amperex for the 12AU7. Good luck.  
Very interesting posts!
Also a myriad of suggestions.

I agree the phono stage of the PV11 is awesome.  Records sound way better than CDs.
Thank you lowtubes for your expertise.
 I will look for the Amperex 7316.

I owned a PV11 for many years... a truely wonderful preamp.  I loved it.

What is wrong with calling CJ directly and talking to them? 

CJ knows the tube market really well and can help you make a decision.. they have seen it all.  Getting other opinions is great, but why this apparent aversion to calling the manufacturer?   CJ is a good company with good folks who know what their stuff.

I would start with CJ first, then branch out.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I have a near 25 year old Audio Research pre-amp that came new tubed with Chinese 6DJ8.  I liked the sound quite a bit and decided after a few years to experiment with tubes. Holland, Bugle Boys, Amperex and so on came and went.  ..many different manufacture countries and brands  rolled in and rolled out, until I encountered a Siemens & Halske 6922 grey plate from the late 50's - early 60's.  That was the tube of choice for more than decade until I tried a 1959 Valvo Pinched Waist 6922 Cca, which was great for about 2 years of light use when it began to fade musically. Now it's a 1975 silver single wire Reflector 6N23 which is king of the hill.

The point being the right tube(s) can make or break your sound.  Do some tube rolling. What doesn't work for you can probably sell easily on eBay.