Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I have been over this thread now for the past week and have decided to try it and placed an order with Mick for a Chardonnay. It should be here first week in Jan of 07. My wife is a saint and actually ordered it for me. Here are some questions I had...

1. Any thoughts on how the Chardonnay would mate to a Accuphase A50A amp
2. Thoughts on using it with a Phonomena for the analog sction ( I just acquired it so i can't part with it, has the battery pack as well and it sounds really good right now in my current set up. )
3. Have had various tube products in the past and have always been disappointed. Mainly due to the noise I am hoping that this is dead quite like everyone here has stated.

This thread I can say has been very imformative and really help me to make my choice much easier.

Thanks
So, are these preamps going to be at "The Show" in Vegas this coming year? Also, where's there website now? My puter's too slow to check all the post's here.
Hi David, the battery change didn't work.
I am leaving tomorrow and will bring the Syrah to a good tech mid January...
Thanks and best,
frankiealverti
Do all GZ-34 rectifiers speed up the turning on process on the Syrah so much? I wouldn't think that is so good for the tubes. Do Mullard and Philips Miniwatt metal bases do this, too?
Regards,
frankiealverti
Frankiealverti,I would'nt worry about the rest of the tubes lighting up so soon on initial start up using a GZ-34.This is normal operation. The GZ-34 and Bendix 6106 are indirect heated rectifiers. A directly heated rectifier like a 5y3 would eat your tubes up pretty quick on intial start up.Ecclectique has written about this and many other tube types indepth. Overall you will get alot of musical mileage out of your tubes in a Supratek pre,especially agood GZ-34 ,in fact many years. Periodically I test the tubes in all my equiptment. As for the problem you are currently experiancing with your Syrah. I would'nt use it until your tech guy has sorted things out......Artemus5 thread of 12-17-06 here to Amandarae reponse got me thinking about a Chenin owner with a Walker Audio Proscenium Turntable. A bit of a disproportionate gap in cost between the two including the other components and speakers in his system. This is quite the testimony for Micks phono stages and preamps. I'm sure this Walker Procenium owner would not tolerate the Chenin for a minute if it did'nt perform. No dought someday he will move up the Supratek line or to another preamp manufacture.I hope he chimes in.