Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
deutscherhififan,

I inspected in upon receiving it and everything looked fine. I closed the box and have not been back to it.

I may take it out this weekend to take photos. 

On a lighter note, I got word from Mick this morning that my pre amp is done and would be shipping.  

My amp is made in a one man shop as well and the build quality is outstanding.  Mick's track record is excellent and I'm expecting an exceptional product.

Now that we've cleared up a few things, a couple of matters worth mentioning. Yes, hiss is documented as a possibility in the manual(s) -- but not from the remote; it is dependent on the setting of the gain knob (and gain switch). And for those who dare to ask, I found that Mick has the adamant perspective of a diehard, traditional engineer when it comes to umbilicals, which means that he doesn't believe another umbilical could sound better, and thus there's no reason to change. I've got two that do improve things, including one that was built by another guy of similar background who ironically didn't believe that what he was building me could affect the sound (btw, I'd be glad to sell it inexpensively if anyone is interested or wants to give it a try; it's not quite the Revelation, but it is a substantial improvement over the supplied one -- send a PM for more info).

1. I just got the Revelation Audio Labs umbilical and WOW, it's a tremendous upgrade - particularly in presence and soundstage. Remarkable. Such a worthwhile investment. I was going to have someone build another as well, but this will do JUST FINE and DANDY.

2.  Manuals?! My Syrah has a 3 way switch front right that I'd love to know the function of....If anyone has a manual they scan or copy and share regardless, I'd love to have one...

@budburma did you buy direct from Rev Labs?  Which cord is it and what is the cost?  I have a Chardonnay being built by Mick.  Thanks