P.S. Audio B.H.K. 300 Mono Amps, B.H.K. Preamplifiers, PS Audio Dac

I must confess that I have owned and heavily auditioned various well known audio manufacturers "please see the list below"!  The purpose of this post is to share any questions concerns I can with you through my personal experiences. Before we get started I do want to mention that I have no affiliation with any manufacture other than my addiction to audio lol. I currently have P.S. Audio BHK 300 Monos, BHK Signature Preamplifier and the P.S. Audio DirectStream Dac playing through a pair of Focal Sopra ll's in a treated room 12 deep x 15 wide. I am 100% digital playing Tidal & Quboz MQA, Hi Res 24 bit, and DSD. I have tried tube rolling in my preamplifier and now the BHK 300 Monos. I have listened my system with my P.S. AUDIO DiresctStream Dac only as well as with my BHK Signature Preamplifier and Dac to snuff out any doubt or theory about what sounds best with this setup as well as with my ARC 160S Tube Amp.

Here is I list of amps that I have *owned as well as auditioned for many, many hours.

*Anthem Integrated 225

*Adcom 575SE

*Audio Research 160S

*Bell Canto 600M

Block Audio

*Bryston 7BSST2

Divalet Expert Pro 220

Gryphon Diablo

Krell Evolution  

Hegel H30

Luxman M900U

Merril Eliment 118

*McIntosh 452

McIntosh 601

Octave Audio V110  

Musical Fidelity Titan

*Parasound A21

*Parasound JC1

Pass Lads X250.5

Pass Labs X350.5

Pass Labs XA160.8

Pass labs XS300

*Plinius SA-250

*PS Audio BHK 300 Signature

Primaluna Premium HP

Primaluna Prologue

Sim Audio W7

128x128blumartini
Curious your thoughts on the Direct Stream as a pre amp / DAC combo.  Looks like the Direct Stream is from 2014, is this old tech and should wait for an upgrade?  Would possibly be pairing this with amp only.  

I found the Direct Stream for 4k$. 

Thank you for any feedback! 
@bdcody01

My opening statement after reviewing highly acclaimed dacs is that the PS Audio DirectStream Dac with its FPGA updates is that it constantly being upgraded over the air. The hardware is definitely to notch offering excellent connectivity with the Mconnect app makes this a Dac Steamer a force to be reckoned with at much over it 6k retail price tag and never mind the pricing I've seen on the used market. So now, as far as using it as a Dac Pre it can definitely suffice with either BHK amps having enough gain to make it work. Now I have tried it Dac only with my ARC 160S and you have to push the volume above 80 to get it to sound right in my room.  After testing this dac only vs preamp dac I like Bascom and Paul have to agree that the pre opens up the musicality and sound stage quite  a bit more. Never mind the air around the mids and highs and the force it gives the bass. Now if you really need to make it work and get more at that point I recommend playing with your  power cord and cables.

Cheers