Only two tracks to test your system, forever!

If you could only use two tracks/songs for the rest of your life whenever you wanted to test a change to your system, what would they be?

128x128gladmo

If I had to pick just two to give me a rendition of how my system was performing or to audition other components, it would be:

For impact and rendition of percussions and clarity of chimes: track 3 "Posters" on Jack Johnson.s Brushfire Fairytales, CD

For richness, clarity and staging of strings: the last track "These Are The Days" on Van Morrison's Avalon Sunset, CD.

Jim

All good suggestions. I’m trying to think of only TWO songs that can provide all of the following:

1. Dynamics.
2. Soundstage and imaging.
3. Frequency response.
4. Bass textures.
5. The critical midrange - female and male vocalists and most instruments sounding natural.
6. Top end clarity and air without harshness.

This is fairly hard to do. I can think of numerous songs that test one or the other, but not all of these qualities. But it is a good exercise for those lucky enough to actually have a bricks and mortar store nearby so we can hear amps, speakers, streamers and such before making a purchasing decision. While many stores will entertain you playing a couple tracks they’d likely not let you listen for an hour - unless you kick them some $$ in upfront "good faith" money, which isn’t a bad idea anyway for their time and trouble.

Funny that no one mentioned Cheapaudioman Randy's test track of choice, Tool's "Chocolate Chip Trip" for soundstage and imaging.