Moving cables around killed dynamics for days anyone else experience this?

I've been experimenting with different cables between components. Nothing sounds right since trying to improve sound with new mix of cables. There is no bass and boring, highs are okay but life is gone from system. So I flipped everything back the way it was still sound horrible. Ran everything 24/7 for a couple days still no go. Let it run a couple more days dynamics are back and bass is full big and has tone again and enjoyable to listen to. Can someone tell me why this happens. I've also moved just speaker cables around without unhooking them and seen this happen, I don't get it.
paulcreed
I have synergistic research sx speaker cables, stealth audio v16 interconnects,and synergistic research atmosphere x level 3 power cables to all my equipment. I have experienced that if I just barely move any of the cables I can expect at least a 2day delay for the cables to finally sound better. Is this normal?
Depends on how many times you have heard Ted Denney tell you that if you move the cables, you have to wait days for them to settle ... as his excuse for never doing double blind tests, even though he has claimed he would, but then backed out.
It was just my imagination
Running away with me
Running away with me

It was just my imagination, once again
Running away with me
Running away with me
George Cardas of Cardas Audio has stated many times that simply moving cables will degrade the sound and it will take several days for the sound to recover. 

It is always educational to hear the difference of an audio system at an audio show on day one as compared to the final day.

David Pritchard
10db would be more a concert hall / outdoor venue figure, but completely possible

The venue was about 15 mil cu ft....a large warehouse space converted to studio use. It was right beside Lake Ontario (like about 40 ft away). We did the tech survey in February and shot in August. And we had recordings of the before and after, and tape don’t lie ( read ..tape provides a fairly objective view of the event unencumbered by the ear brain editing functions...).