Monitors are falling

I am soliciting advice ... opinions even ... on what to do with my rig. My stand mounted B&W CDM-1SEs were almost the victim of a knock down over the weekend ... by my wife of all people. This started the 'this is a living room not a media room' diatribe. Insult to injury is the fact that our first child is on the way. I beg you for suggestions ... ideas tto make the CDMs more stable or a really nice floor stander that I can get into in the $1,000 - $1,500 used range. All opinions are welcome and appreciated.
3728slingshot
I do plan on my child having limits and rules ... unlike some of our friend's kids. I just need to make sure that a tumbling monitor doesn't seriously injure my kid as she chases the dog or a friend around the living room.
60 year old Oak floors? Hot Damn, You got it made! Get some thin Stainless Steel wood screws and screw'em down! Ya might want to use some small spacers but only if the finish on the floor is fairly new. When it is time to move the speakers lust unscrew them and fill in the "small holes" with Oak colored wood putty. You might have to get a couple colors to blend and match various coloring in the wood. In two or three days you will not even be able to find the holes. Even if you can find the holes, trust me no one else will. I've put down enough floors to assure you, them holes are no big deal and the safety factor makes it well worth it.
Not only Monitors my 5 1/2 yr old has had my Aerius on the floor 3 different times... I just go to another room and punch the wall... ah well

Miles
I would suggest the Vandersteen 2Ce or 2Ce Signatures with the Sound Anchor stands. These speakers sound good and the stands are tri-points which tilt them back a little, and best of all, they are are SUPER stable. There is a grill all the way around which may be useful too. In response to the ML post above, I have Martin Logan Sequel II's and they are NOT very stable, when you tilt them a lot you run the risk of knocking them over.
Good luck.
It's surely not an upgrade, I know Acoustat and ML I have Acoustat 2+2 for myself and I have friends with Acoustat III and other with ML SL3 and the Acoustat's owner never thought to change and the ML's owner always thought to change but he never found a pair of Acoustat, sorry to tell this but if you think your Acoustat is not good I think you don't drive them with good electronics or you don't have find the good position for placing them.
The woofer of the ML Sl3 give shit compare with a good sub
like Velodyne or other good one. Try a good fast sub with your Acoustat and you never think to change them. Put your money on electronics and keep your Acoustat, you are lucky to have a pair of this divine and indestructible speaker.