Micromega M-100/150 field reports

Got a M-100 or M-150?  Share your setups, tweaks and observations, and help out your homies.

My initial M-100 config and some early observations in this thread.

Things I'm wondering about:

• hacks & upgrades to LAN infrastructure including h/w, and whether they make an objective difference in reproduction from the M-100/150
  • power cords/supplies, with same question (objective difference?)
  • MARS room correction performance & value
  • whether Micromega will have any relief for the abject instability of their Android control app (circa 2016)
usery
re-asking in case anyone might have updated information.... does anyone know (or has measured) the gain of the phono pre-amp? 
does anyone know (or has measured) the gain of the phono pre-amp?
p'diego,

Email Micromega and ask.  They do respond.

Recent reply on update to the Android app:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:   Re: Micromega Android app avec M-100
Date:   Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:16:19 +0100

The new Android app is getting ready for certification with TIDAL, QOBUZ and TIDAL inside. I hope to release it within the next weeks.

It will not be long until i will be able to open the possibility to install the app as part of a BETA program in Google Play Store. Probably end of next week.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:   Re: Micromega Android app avec M-100
Date:   Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:57:41 +0100

Hope you doing fine.

Actually we are finishing the new Android version which should be ready more than soon.

CC'd the lead in charge of the development [who] would tell you more precisely when exactly we could expect the release!

I would believe about the end of March…

Have a great day,

> Le 15 mars 2019 à 11:49, usery a écrit :
>
> Bonjour,
>
> Is the new version of the Micromega Android app available yet? I am not seeing it on the Google Play Store - only the older version is there.
>
> Merci
thanks for your reply. i have tried numerous times on the website email 'form' and have not received a response. i'll try the m-one email address you show in your response -- again, thanks!!!
Just got M100 last month to pair with Martin Logan Clarity, it has been a wonderful experience so far and love the sound coming from this combo. Currently 100% listening done thu TIDAL streaming , and wondering anyone here has compared which connection is the best? Laptop USB >M100 direct? Laptop USB>USB to Coax(DDC)>M100 Coax or LAN by connecting to network? 
"...which connection is best?"
Do whatever's easiest? That any of those connection paths will make a
audible difference for you & your hearing is the subject of lots of fighting and mumbo-jumbo.

From my LAN (and a inexpensive hub) I use the RJ45 (ethernet) connection on the M-100. To satisfy superstition, place laptop some distance from amp.