Mcintosh MC240 + Audio Research SP-8?

I operate Dynaudio Evidence Temptation with Mcintosh MC240 power amp and Audio Research SP-8 preamp.

Any good suggestion to upgrade the sound?
skyserve
Newbee makes a very good point. If the choice was mine to make, I would definitely go with a new preamp. But thats just me.
That MC240 is from the 1960s and is probably worth more than you paid for it. Original retail was $288.00! They sell for over $2k now, which is fine for collectors but is not for someone looking for best sound.
The SP-8 is probably a better bet sonically, revered for its sound quality more than its collectability.
If you've got the model right, those Dynaudio speakers retailed for $30k and deserve better electronics. Go find a Dynaudio dealer near you to get a better idea of what you should do. IMHO, do not buy replacement electronics without listening to them first!
Thank you, everyone.

I upgraded speakers into Dynaudio Temptation nowadays. But still as you mentioned, Amps are old versions in 1960s and 1980s.

I don't know how promising Temptations are and what kind amplifiers users have for making sound with Temptations.

Just my preferred sound was not vintage stuffs so I gave up Altec A5 systems. I have used Altec only for 2 months.

Now, I have Totem Mani 2 signature as well and I like them much. But I want warmer sound than MANI does now. Mani has good resolution, huge soundstage, detail sound image and deep bass. I liked it!!
But warmer and fainty sound of high frequency I expect for Temptation.

1. Tube or TR
2. I keep the preamp, AR SP-8?
3. If i choose Krell 400cx, ovrhaul needed? (produced 10 year ago)
4. Reference combination? (10 years passed since Temptation were produced. So, I believe some references.

Thanks.
If the SP-8 has not been recapped in 15 yrs. or more, it would be a good idea to do that. It will improve the sound of the preamp.