MacBook Air For HD Audio

For casual listening I am currently using iTunes (on an iMac) and a WiFi Squeezebox Duet feeding, via analog output from the Squeezebox, a Pioneer Elite receiver. I now want to upgrade my main system (Krell HTS 7.1, Krell KSA-250 and B&W N801 etc.) to HD audio. I am proposing to buy a MacBook Air and use Amara to handle "HD Tracks" downloaded flac files (anything above 16/44). I propose to use the optical mini jack (Toslink) on the MacBook air to feed into my existing Krell HTS 7.1 processor to do the D/A conversion. Comments please, is this a good way to enjoy HD music files?

Marcus
mgattmch
The MacBook Air does not have an optical digital output from its mini jack. However, I do use a 2011 MacBook Air with an external USB to SPDIF converter (Audiophilleo2) and it works great. The built in SSD on the Macbook Air makes it a great transport for HD Audio. I use an external Firewire drive connected using Apple's Thunderbolt to Firewire adaptor.
Hifinutt604,

Thanks for your comments. Agree; I will need a USB to SPDIF converter. I was thinking of using the MF V-Link 96 (or 192). I will have a look at the Audiophilleo2 as an option.