MAC Palladium IC's-Follow up, are they really.....

Category: Analog

That good? Yep.

After my initial impressions of the MAC Palladiums on the CDP it was time to see just how good these were. Another quick note to Steve at MAC brought a 1.5M set with Eichmann
Silvers to be used between the preamp and amp. 100 hours of burn in and they went on the system with great trepidation replacing Luminous coppers. Now MAC Palladiums from the CPD
to the preamp to the power amp completed the chain. I had hoped for alittle more of that Palladium flavor, but that was not the case. It was substantial. Greatly increased layers and textures of the music. More sonic impact. Simply a visceral experience from all the bits and pieces that are interwoven to make the music whole. The more you moved to the dead center “sweet spot” the more you became inside the orchestra. Step away and to the side, it became a different seat in the concert hall. The music was alive, it was all there, something I’ve never experienced. Remarkable. But how about living with this, will the music become ordinary.

Over the last few weeks we’ve thrown all manner of CDs at the system. Mostly classical & jazz with a sprinkle of Texas blues/rock. All have been unique experience. Mediocre CDs have vastly improved detail, soundstage, air, etc, etc. Good CDs have earned their Wow factor, always a surprise somewhere, some place. Can we live with the MAC Palladiums, yes they are really that good. Like fine art they are “wearing well”.
ger546
Welllllllll, I confess that I just got the Palladiums a few days ago and they are not burned in yet, and familiarity breeds contempt, so it may be that the 'new' sound of these is impressing me more than they should.

So, I am willing to go on record, with the option of retraction, and say of the dozen so so cables I have tried--from respectable lowish stuff to quite elegant designs from Big Boy makers, the Palladiums are the best ICs I have heard so far, as I have so far heard them.

From the moment I put them between my Cal Alpha 24/96 (and Kora Hermes#1 briefly) and my EMP (all with the finest tubes of all colors and creeds ever made, except those deformed at the head or seductive in their waist), I thought the MAC Palladium: "just sounds right". Transparent, extended, good bass (not profound bass, but rightly tight, subtle but rightous), excellent balance--and most importantly--excellent rendering of mids. great stage, just right air. Worthy of Siemens, Telfunken, Amperex (US) and Philips (Hereleen/Hamburg)finest in the EMP, and Sylvania's, GE and Raytheon's best in the Alpha.

If Steve sent these uncooked, and in fact cables do need to be cooked (up to now, I have bought only used), I may not have to retract.
I am using the Palladiums and agree with the above descriptions. They are excellent. Anyone compared them to Aidio Metallurgy Zeros and the MAC Au yet?
I've used Palladiums between pre and amp for over 2 years now. I've tried a couple of other ICs since, including some highly touted Dynastrands, and still find the Palladiums to be my choice. I also had the Mystics, but found them too warm for my tastes. The Palladiums really are, in my sytem, very neutral in the best sense - musical timbres are accurate, dynamics are wonderful, stage is huge, and they do not emphasize any part of the spectrum. I tried the Cuqs and power cords as well, and although they were good, they were replaced. The Palladiums deserve their chatter on the net - they perform way beyond their price level. And if you want, Steve will make you some speaker cables out of this stuff - which I'd love to hear sometime!
Guys

Have you been listening to any other palladium cables as well?
Like RS Cables Palladium or British made Silver Arrows Palladium Daddy ?

Just curious to hear anything about such an experience :-)

txs a lot