Ideas for Pre/Power $9000?

Currently need to replace a receiver. I don't have many local options for auditioning. My system consists of the following; Elac Debut F6, Pro-Ject Debut Pro, Pro-Ject S2 stage, NAS and streaming. I listen in a regular ol' family room with no treatments. Mostly like metal genre. Budget is $9k ish.

128x128lfromsalem

@lfromsalem , I know that you said that you were not blown away by them, but can you expound upon that?

Do you remember what they were being driven with when you heard them?

@lfromsalem  , my next upgrade (if it ever happens) will be speakers, so I am always kind of interested in the impressions that others are getting from their speaker auditioning experiences.  Do you think that the reason you were less than impressed with the B&Ws was that they did ot perform well with Metal?  Or was this just an overall impression (if this question makes any sense)?

@immatthewj I'd say that it may have been a case of "too much of a good thing". Anthem brought a bright, snappy sound. Same with the B&W. I tired a few different songs. Not just metal. So I don't believe it was a genre issue.