I've narrowed it down...

So my first venture into tube equipment will be an integrated amp based on the recommendations of this fine group of enthusiasts. I have narrowed the field to the Rogue Audio Tempest III, Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, the Cayin H-80 and Cary SLI-80.

All of this is based on what I have read and what fits in my budget. The Cary is a little over but for something I think I'll have for a lifetime I'm willing to go a little over...

I will be driving B&W 602S3's until more $$$ are available for something else.

My intent is to listen to vinyl then maybe venture into CD's or digital music. Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Going somewhere to listen to any of these is not an option for me, and room size is undetermined as I am in the process of moving.

Thanks.
botit
Atmasphere,
I 'suspected' true triodes are more linear thus they don`t need to rely on feedback.Thanks for taking the time to explain the instrinsic differences between triode and pentodes, very educational.
Regards,
When I was listening to my Technics receiver driving my JLB L19s in college, who knew that one day Class A, Triode, OTL, No NFB would one day meaningful to me:)
I was doing more research prior to purchase today and saw that one manufacturer recommended an hour heatup of the tubes prior to listening... Are they all like that? Is there a down side to leaving the amp on (other than shorter tube life) which brings me to the next question. What is the expected tube life?
They are all like that, but 15 minutes is more than enough to warm them up unless you really want to get paranoid about it. Tube life is very dependent on the tube used and the ciruit it is in - some output tubes in some amps will go 2,000 hours, the ones in my Music Reference RM10 MKII are said to go 10,000 - you need to ask the manufacturer of your particular amp, and the input and driver tubes usually last longer than the output tubes.
Every bit of audio equipment ever made has warmup times at least that long. Not that you can't enjoy it long before that. Many years ago when I still ran transistors, I had to leave them on 24/7 so they would sound their best. It took them a week to warm up.